LUNCH VOLUNTEER GUIDELINES 2019-2020
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for this valuable service! Our focus is to ensure we provide the highest food quality and lunch service to our students and staff.
First time volunteers, please show your IVP card or receipt to the front office. We would love for you to show your school pride and wear a Basis t-shirt. A free Basis t-shirt will be provided for first time volunteers!
- Please arrive no later than 10:00 am for first shift and 11:30 am for second shift. The caterer will start setting up around 9:30 am.
- First shift: 10:00 to 11:30 am
- Immediately go to the upper MPR to setup for lunch which starts at 10:10am.
- Locate the green lunch binders and whiteboards in the MPR storage rooms.
- Take out the correct distribution lists for the day. Attach it to the clip boards.
- Attach an Action Sheet behind each distribution list. This will be used to record any issues/changes throughout the day.
- Write the day’s menu on the whiteboards after you double check it matches what the catering staff is serving.
- Second Shift: 11:30am to 1:30pm
Please coordinate with the first shift volunteer for any issues that need attention.
General rules & responsibilities
- You will be responsible for marking off the student’s or staff member’s names on the distribution lists, marking their hand with a dot with a washable marker.
- IMPORTANT: Only one plate and one trip for hot food and salad bar, 2 crackers and 1 granola bar per student.
- On the action sheet, record any lunch issues and feedback from students.
- Please try to find students who didn’t come and get their lunch. If a student is absent or refused their lunch, note that down on the distribution list.
Closing out the day in both MPRs (Second shift)
- File the distribution lists back in the binder in the correct tabbed location.
- For the Friday volunteer, take a picture of the upper and lower MPR Action sheets and email them to email@example.com
STUDENTS CLAIMING TO HAVE ORDERED LUNCH BUT ARE NOT ON THE LIST:
- Politely inform them that their names are not on the list. Check if their lunch is on the window sill. If not, send them to the front office.
STUDENTS WHO FORGOT TO BRING A LUNCH:
- Please send them to the front office to call their parents. We cannot provide them a hot lunch if they are not on the list.