Six BASIS Hacks!
6. Kitchen Timers are Study Gadgets too! – Using a timer can help your child stay on track while doing homework. In the CJ, next to a homework assignment, the right bottom corner often shows the teacher’s estimate of how long the assignment should take. Use that as your guide.
5. Facetime is Study Time – Face Time and Skype are popular tools for studying. Several students form informal study groups that meet on Face Time. Together they review notes, quiz each other and clarify any confusion about concepts.
4. Save a Tree – Use Quizlet or other online tools to create flash cards and practice quizzes. These online tools can be especially helpful during comps review.
3. Lighten the Load – Keep an extra text book at home, so your student doesn’t have to carry them back and forth from school. Buy USED textbooks from the BOOSTERS Bookstore or Amazon.
2. Learn the Lesson – Did you know that the small number in parentheses under each problem indicates which Lesson to review if your student is having trouble figuring out that math problem?
1. A good combination - keep your student's locker number and combination recorded in a safe place at home. This might come in particularly handy after the long Winter Break!